A restaurant favorite, these tasty wontons are now easy enough to make in your own kitchen.
1. Prepare Gorton's Classic Grilled Shrimp according to package instructions. Allow to cool, and carefully remove tails.
2. Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Line two shallow metal baking pans with parchment paper or spray lightly with nonstick cooking spray.
3. Add oil, mushrooms, onion, and carrots to a large skillet. Cook over medium heat for 6-8 minutes, stirring occasionally, until vegetables are slightly soft.
4. Blend cooked Gorton's Grilled Shrimp, vegetables, cilantro, and peanut sauce in a blender or food processor until chopped.
5. Place a heaping teaspoon of shrimp mixture in the middle of a wonton wrapper. Brush the edges of wrapper with water. Fold wrapper in half to form a rectangle or triangle and crimp edges tightly together. Place wonton on prepared baking pan. Repeat with remaining shrimp mixture and wonton wrappers.
6. Bake wontons for 10 to 16 minutes, turning wontons over halfway through cooking time. Serve with extra peanut sauce if desired.
Recipe Renovation Contest Finalist and Top Vote Getting Recipe. Submitted by Lisa H. of Wilton, CT.