Rhode Island Style Popcorn Shrimp
How do you make Popcorn Shrimp really “pop?” Take a cue from Made by Carli and drizzle a little lemon garlic aioli on top!
- Prepare Gorton’s Popcorn Shrimp according to package directions. I used the frying method to really key into the “fried calamari taste”. Remove Shrimp with a slotted spoon or tongs, and place on paper towels to drain oil. Once drained, place on platter to serve.
- In a small pan, on medium heat, add butter and saute the minced garlic until lightly browned. Add banana peppers and tomatoes reserving a few for garnish. Toss the peppers and tomatoes in the garlic butter until well coated.
- Drizzle mixture over Popcorn Shrimp and lightly toss.
- Sprinkle the shrimp with chopped cilantro and fresh squeezed lemon juice.
- Aioli: In a small bowl, combine the mayo, garlic, lemon juice and chopped cilantro well until creamy. If desired add chopped capers.
1 package of Gorton’s Popcorn Shrimp
2 tablespoons butter
1 teaspoon minced garlic cloves, finely chopped
1/2 cup banana peppers
15 cherry tomatoes, halved (reserve 5 for garnish)
Cilantro or parsley
FOR LEMON GARLIC AIOLI:
2 tablespoons mayo
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
1/2 teaspoon chopped cilantro
1 teaspoon chopped capers, optional
100% whole, tail-off Shrimp covered with a flavorful breading.
Get the Freshest Catch
Sign up for our e-newsletter to get the latest coupons, special savings, and quick meal ideas.
Serious about Sustainability
In the Alaska Pollock fishery, mid-water trawls are utilized, which include safety catches to allow any other wildlike that might be caught to escape.
The Gortons Story
We're proud to be headquartered in Gloucester, Mass., America's oldest seaport and a working waterfront since 1623