Sweet + Spicy Fish Tacos
Sweet and spicy sauce (and a cook time of less than 30 minutes) puts these fish tacos at the top of Taste and See’s weeknight rotation.
- Preheat oven to 425°F
- To make the cabbage slaw, combine cabbage, cilantro, green onions, garlic, ginger, fresh lime juice, honey, olive oil and salt in a large bowl. Toss and set aside.
- To make the sweet + spicy sauce, whisk together mayonnaise, sweet chili sauce, and Sriracha / hot sauce in a small bowl. Then set aside.
- Bake 16 Gorton’s Fish Sticks for 12-14 minutes on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Flip once at 8 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat a sauté pan over high heat. When the pan is hot, spray a little cooking spray on both sides of a corn tortilla and toast for 20-30 seconds per side. Repeat with 7 more tortillas.
- Assemble tacos with tortillas, slaw, and fish sticks. Drizzle with sweet + spicy sauce, then garnish with cilantro and lime juice.
FOR THE TACOS:
16 Gorton’s Fish Sticks
8 corn tortillas
½ cup Cilantro leaves for garnish
Additional lime wedges for garnish
FOR THE CABBAGE SLAW:
1/2 head purple cabbage, shredded
2 carrots, shredded
½ cup cilantro leaves
4 green onions, chopped
3 garlic cloves, minced
1 tablespoon fresh ginger, minced (or 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger)
1 lime, juiced
1 tablespoon honey
1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
½ tablespoon salt
FOR THE SWEET + SPICY SAUCE:
1/3 cup mayo
2 tablespoons sweet chili sauce
1 tablespoon Sriracha, or other hot sauce (I used 2 tablespoons for more kick!)
NEW! Crunchy Breaded Fish Sticks
100% real fish sticks in a crunchy golden breading.
Get the Freshest Catch
Sign up for our e-newsletter to get the latest coupons, special savings, and quick meal ideas.
Serious about Sustainability
In the Alaska Pollock fishery, mid-water trawls are utilized, which include safety catches to allow any other wildlike that might be caught to escape.
The Gortons Story
We're proud to be headquartered in Gloucester, Mass., America's oldest seaport and a working waterfront since 1623